Members - Western Australia
Federation of Western Australian Bushwalkers Inc
PO Box 534
Leederville WA 6903
|Phone||(08) 9384 5505|
The Federation of Western Australian Bushwalkers Inc is the Peak Body representing bushwalking interests in Western Australia. The Federation is one of the smaller State federations, representing about 1000 members across 10 different clubs.
We protect the interests of our members by:
- Monitoring legislation, acts and rulings which may affect the interests of bushwalkers, and seeking a fair outcome on these decisions.
- Lobbying organisations to ensure that a strong voice for bushwalkers is heard and acted on in the improvement and preservation of the bushwalking environment.
- Linking our member clubs with events of common interest.
- Directing public opinion toward the appreciation of the natural environment and the need for its conservation.
- Promoting minimum impact bushwalking practices.
- Providing insurance for member clubs against claims of public liability or personal accident.
- Providing a forum for sharing ideas.
The Federation has been engaged in continuous dialogue with Western Australian State Government agencies to allow bushwalking in Water Catchments.
Our hard work bore fruition in March 2008 when the Department of Water reinstated an historic ruling allowing Federation member clubs to walk in catchment areas. FWAB continues the fight for increased access to government land on our members' behalf.