Members - Queensland
Bushwalking Queensland Inc
PO Box 12884
George Street QLD 4003
Bushwalking Queensland Inc. (BWQ) is the Federation of 26 bushwalking clubs in Queensland.
The objects of BWQ are:
- To provide an association for Queensland bushwalking clubs;
- To represent, promote and protect the interests of member clubs;
- To assist member clubs in administration, training and any other matter associated with bushwalking;
- To co-operate with other organisations for the protection and advancement of mutual interests;
- To promote bushwalking as a not-for-profit recreational activity in Queensland;
- To promote the establishment and sound management of State parks and forests, other natural areas, and reserves, for their conservation and sustainable use through access, in Queensland.
The Association has monthly meetings usually held on the 4th Thursday of each month at 7.30pm, Little Kings Movement, 33 O'Keefe St, Buranda, Brisbane.
Each member club is entitled to send along two voting representatives to the meetings and any visitor of an affiliated club is entitled to attend and present his/her views.